Monday, February 8, 2010

6 Months down!

Hello Everybody!

  So here I am 6 months into the mission! How crazy is that. Time flies. Anyways, so this week has been both a good week and a bad week, but for the most part a good week. Actually a pretty good week. And we got news on whats going on for transfers, but I'll leave that to the end. :)
  So last week ended with the news that Amalia would be baptized this week. So early in this week we went there, and she told us that she wanted to be baptized during the middle of the week, because her children wouldn't be there on Sunday to see it. So why not? we said. So she got baptized on Friday. So that was an amazing experience.
  Right after the baptism it was time to go see if Pamela, the mom of Jocelyn and Juan Carlos, would be giving her permission for them to be baptized. So we got there, but she said she still was in the process of thinking about it. Ugh! It's a bit frustrating sometimes. But the thing is I know that those 2 will be baptized, but when I don't know.
  So yeah, that's basically all that happened during the week. It was a pretty normal week other than the midweek baptism. So then Sunday was a really cool day. We woke up to rain that day! Of course it stopped later on and got hot, but still it was nice to see a change. So during Sacrament meeting we had our 3 confirmations, and the other Elders had their 2. So we had 5 confirmations in total! That was cool, I got to do one of them too. And another cool thing, is that Alejandro blessed the Sacrement for the first time! And Gonzalo and Luis got the Aaronic Priesthood also. Basically a lot of really cool things happened during church on Sunday. Oh yeah, something funny, so it was fast and testimony meeting, and our ward mission leader got up to bear his testimony (I don't know if I've told you too much about him, he is pretty old and a bit stubborn, and very hard to work with. He cares more about if people do their family home evening than the missionary work). But yeah, he got up and pulled a baby bird from out of his pocket and showed it to everyone and somehow linked it to his testmony. Then he just put it back in his suit pocket, and there it stayed for the rest of church. He's quite the character.
  So sorry this letter is so short, but not too much happened other than what I told you. Basically we're out of investigators, and we have to find more new ones. But the last big news of the day is we found out about the transfers.
  So we all assumed that Elder Jorgensen would be leaving to go be a zone leader. And sure enough, that's what's happening. My dads leaving! Haha. But yeah, he's leaving, and the rest of us are staying. He's actually going to be in the same city, but in a different zone. So that's the big news, I'm getting a new comp! His name is Elder Sarmiento I believe, and he's a latin! So that'll be exciting. We don't know too much about him, but we think he's from Ecuador also. Oh, and he was just training Ben Walter’s MTC comp, so that's cool. But basically I'm nervous that I'm gonna have to show him around the sector and to all the investigators and stuff. At least I have the Lord on my side.
  So thats about it! Things will be pretty different for the next email, I'll let you know how my new comp is and all that. Hopefully we can get the permission from Jocelyn and Juan Carlos’ mom this week.
  Anyways, love you all. Thanks for all your love and support, and I'll write you all next week. The church is true!
  OH wait. Forgot one thing. So they have made a new myldsmail and all the missionaries have to switch. It's Gmail, but run through the church. So we all got new email addresses. I just made the new account, and my new email address is ryan.mayberry@myldsmail.net. So dont fret, even if you send messages to the old email address it will forward them to the new one, but better off just sending to the new one. If you have any questions just ask me! Ok, love you all and talk to you next week!

Elder Ryan Mayberry
Oh yeah, and some pictures for you!
1)US and Amalia
2)Us and Amalia and her family
3) The leather cover I bought for my English scriptures (a late Christmas present to myself)







No comments:

Post a Comment