Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pretty good!

  This week was pretty good here in Jardin del Valle. So I'll run through the week, I don't have too much time here at internet. 
  Monday was a pretty good day. We did a noche de hogar with Jaime, Luisa, and Catalina. It went super good! After, Luisa said that Catalina had never participated as much. So were seeing progress with Catalina, so that's good. 
  Tuesday we went on a minicambio with the zone leaders. I stayed here, and Elder Morgan, who was also my ZL in Penco, came over here. The highlight of the minicambio was teaching a lady we found the other day, named Rosana. She was super good! She has a 4 year old kid named Joaquin, who is actually super crazy. Right before we were gonna start the lesson, Elder Morgan got up and took Joaquin outside, and stayed there the whole time! So I taught the lesson alone, but it was good. She is really nice. I have a lot of hope for her. 
  Wednesday Carolina, our progresssing investigator, came back. She told us she is now living with her parents, that her and her boyfriend broke up for good. The only bad news is that now she isn't living in our sector, so we gotta pass her to the other elders. So we shared with her a bit, and she actually confessed to smoking, and said she didn't want to be baptized until she stopped. She's soo cool! 
  Thursday we did another minicambio, but this time with the other elders in my district, La Florida. I stayed here and Elder Diaz, from Chile, came too. It was overall a good minicambio, we taught Rosana again, and she's soo good. This time we taught Lesson 1, the restoration, and she really liked it. Also, we were walking and Elder Diaz said we should talk to a lady and her daughter sitting on a porch. So we did, and they let us in. It turns out it was a girl, whose mom died 5 months ago, and her aunt, who watches her during the day now. And she was super nice, we shared something small, then got a return appointment. I'm excited to teach them again this week. 
  Friday we had mission conference with this half. I got to see a lot of friends, including Elder Strong! He got sent up here to this half. Overall it was a good conference, I learned a lot.
  Saturday we met with Carolina in the chapel of La Florida, with the La Florida misisonaries, and we passed her off. We taught the word of wisdom, and she now has a plan to stop smoking and be baptized the 20th. And I really think she will. Yeah, I was a bit sad to pass her, but I've been doing a lot of thinking about Gods will here in this sector. Maybe I was sent here to help out La Florida, and not to baptize todo el mundo. But if that's what the Lord needed of me, that's fine. He knows better than I do. 
  Sunday was alright, Catalina came to church, but no one else. This week we kind of killed a lot of our not so great investigators, so this week were focusing on getting some new ones. I'm excited to work here in this sector. We have interviews with the President this week, so that should be good. 
  Today we played some soccer 3 zones together, which was fun. Well thats all I got for this week. Have great days and a great week!

Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment