Monday, November 16, 2009

¡Hola a todos! (¡Hello Everyone!)

¡Hola a todos! (Hello Everyone!)

I love being able to write every week to you guys. So this week overall has been fantastic. One of the best thus far. Lots of things happened this week.
   So Tuesday was a big day. We had our usual zone meeting thing, and then we did a mini-cambio. Which in english I believe is called an exchange or something. I honestly don't know or remember. But anyways, it's when you switch comps for a day. Elder Jorgensen is the district leader, so he had to go over to San Clemente, which is about 20 minutes away, and I stayed here. And one of the missionaries from over there came here. So I had to lead the sector for the day! I was really quite nervous to do it, I had to start all the lessons, lead to all the appointments, etc. Lots of responsibility. But I did it, and it went off without a hitch. So that made me feel real good, I feel a lot more confident in knowing my sector, etc. The missionary who came was Elder Echeverria, he's from Santiago. So that was cool too, speaking Spanish with a native Chilean all day. So after the night we took a bus back to San clemente, and helped them cut their grass. Here most people don't use a lawn mower, they just cut it with some big scissors. So it takes a while, but what can you do.
  So on Thursday we did some service at a members house. And what do you know, we cut some more grass. I wish I had the pictures(they're on e. Jorgensens camera and he doesn't have it at the moment), we cut a montón (a ton) of grass and weeds. Some of the weeds were taller than me! But yeah, I'll send you a picture next week. it took about 2 hours to do.
  Ok, so now a little tidbit about the members. We have such great members here. There's a family who lives rght next to us and theyre so kind. Their recent converts, as of August I believe. The Cristi family. So yeah, they're awesome. The other night we were at their house after they came out to a lesson with us, and gave us some bread. The son, Matías, ran out and bought ham for me so I wouldn't have to eat the bread plain. They're just so kind to us it's incredible. The father, Rodrigo, got the priesthood this Sunday! That was super cool. More about sunday...
  So this week we had 4 baptismal interviews set up for this sunday after church. We went to go pick up Marcelo, who has a strong testimony, all he lacks is going to church, and he wasn't there. He was one of the people who was supposed to be interviewed. I can't describe how sad I felt. Even though we had 3 more interviews lined up,  I was still very distraught that he couldn't come. Which reminds me of a scripture in Mosiah. It talks about how the sons of Mosiah preached the gospel so powerfully, and they had so much love for the people they taught, that they would be devastated when someone didn't accept their message. I feel like slowly I'm becoming like them, amazing Missionaries. But hopefully he can have the chance soon. Anyways, so we had 3 more baptismal interviews, for Daniel, Alejandro, and Geremias. And the amazing news, all 3 of them passed and will be baptized this coming Sunday!! More about them incoming…
  So Daniel is super ADD. The Lord has blessed me with so much patience, I can't believe it. Anyways, he is the son of a lady named Amalia. She isn't a member, but you would think otherwise if you hadn't known. She has such a strong testimony, but she can't be baptized because she is living with a guy (who happens to be a excommunicated member who is wanting to come ack to the church as soon as he can). He is the one who referred her to the Missionaries. So it would be a little weird telling him he's got to move out in order for her to be baptized. So yeah, it's pretty complicated. Anyways, back to Daniel. He passed his interview with flying colors. So I'm pumped.
  The other 2 are Geremias and Alejandro. They're cousins, Geremias is 12 and Alejandro is 16. Geremias too passed with flying colors. We were pretty unsure about Alejandro though. We weren't to sure if he had sincere desires to be baptized. After a 45 minute interview, he too came out and passed! I can't tell tell you how happy I was when I heard he passed. I was grinning from ear to ear. So yeah, 3 baptisms next week! I'm super excited, and I'll get to baptize Geremias! I can't wait.
  Also , Marta was confirmed in our Ward. That was very special too. Afterwards in class we walked in and she said I'm finally a member now! How cool it is to see the gospel change peoples lives.
  So cambios are today. Cambios are every 6 weeks, when you can possible be switched to a different zone. Elder Jorgensen and I were afraid we would get Split up. But the zone leaders called and were both staying and we're staying together. 2 more missionaries are coming to live in our house and be in our sector. That should be super exciting and fun. It's only been a house of 2 up until the new elders come tomorrow. One's from Ecuador, and the other is a brand new Elder. Should be fun and interesting.
  Well I think that's about it. I love the work. I love being here in Chile, spreading the Word of God. The Church is so true, my testimony of this grows on a daily basis. I love you all, please continue to write and encourage others to write too. ¡Chao, que les vayan bien!

Elder Ryan Mayberry






No comments:

Post a Comment