Monday, December 7, 2009

Hello everyone!
Hope all is well back home. So... things are doing great here, we had a pretty good week. So first and foremost it's pretty hot here. Every day. I can't wait for winter when it rains every day, haha. So yeah, I've been in the mission for over 4 months if you can believe it.

  So on Monday we woke up in the morning and cut all the grass in the backyard. It took a while, and the Ecuadorian in the house burned some of the grass off. He's hilarious. Pretty much all of the Latinos are very funny, but I think it might just be becuase it's amusing that I get their jokes in spanish. who knows. So one of the members here had to go up to Santiago to get some eye surgery done. She called the Missionaries for a blessing, and I guess she was in the sector Aaron was in last!  Pretty funny, she barely missed him- kinda. And another funny story. We heard the word "luna de miel" on the TV.  Literally translated this means Moon of Honey. About 2 minutes of thought later we figured out it was talking about a Honeymoon. Then I realized how weird a word honeymoon is.
  So we have some new investigators, some of which are pretty good. We have one who's named Francisca, who is pretty receptive to what we teach. Another is named Erika. She too is receptive, and she went to church this last Sunday, and couldn't stop talking about how good she felt because of it : )  She had a very spiritual experience there. Another of our new investigators is named Maria Alejandra. She has already been to church a bunch of times with a friend to a different ward, but she too is progressing. So those 3 are the 3 big ones right now.
  So another interesting fact. The firefighters here are all voluntary. And I quite frequently have trouble thinking of words in English now.
  So the big funny story this week. So it was the morning and we were outside looking at the grass. And all of a sudden we saw a lizard, so we tried to catch it. Next thing I knew it was on my shoe, but we tried to get it but it disappeared. So fast forward an hour and a half later, and were sitting in a food place (we didn't have anyone to give us lunch), and all of a sudden I feel something in my pants, above my knee. Then it hit me that the lizard somehow managed to stay inside my pants for the whole time. So I calmly stood up, shook the leg of my pants, and out fell the lizard. The good news is that I dont think too many people saw, haha. So yeah, Chile's a blast.
  So this Sunday we had 2 confirmations! And I'll tell you in a bit why it was only 2 and not 3. So Daniel and Alejandro got confirmed on Sunday. And Daniel chose me to do it!  I was so nervous, but I'm pretty sure it went well. So... that was pretty cool, my first confirmation, in Spanish too. So Geremias didn't get confirmed this week. He has had a pretty tough life, it's very complicated with him. And this has affected him as a person. I guess he acts a lot differently when we the Missionaries aren't around. But he made a mistake on Saturday night, so we called the Bishop and he said it'd be best to wait till he's ready. So we've been doing a lot of praying for Geremias. Hopefully he is able to be confirmed soon, but it's the Bishops decision.
  So last night we went over to San Clemente and spent the night. We played ping pong, and then this morning went to a lake close by. So that was cool as well.
  Well that's about all I have for this week. We have really seen the Lords hand in our daily lives, we've been receiving blessings like no other. This really is the Lords work. The church is true. Love you all and I'll talk to you later!
Elder Ryan Mayberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment