Monday, November 29, 2010

Crazy week!

This week has truly been crazy, its had so many ups and downs, it's been all over the place. 
  So lets start with the good of this week. The main cool thing that happened this week is that we found a couple really cool families, that I have a lot of hope for. One ladys names Mariela, and she is seriously sooo nice. She was a reference from a member in Penco, so she's really good. When went and did service for her one morning too. I'm really excited for her. And another family we found, named Odila, Ranulfo, and Varinia (all super weird names), but they're also really cool, are related to members, know people who recently got baptized, etc. Basically they're in a perfect position to be taught the gospel. So I'm really excited to be working with those 2 families.  What else was good?  Elisa was doing excellent for her baptism on Sunday. But I'll tell you more about her in the bad news :( And we also had a ward talent show which also went really good.
  So for the bad news. Basically, all the bad news is focused on Elisa. So everything was good with her throughout the week. So we couldn't meet with her on Friday, but then we went over Saturday night. Then she broke the news to us that she was having a ton of doubts now, and was super confused again. So me and Elder Strong were doing all we could, trying to help her, there was still hope that she could get baptized the next day. Then she dropped the bomb on us that she had smoked once. When she said that a part of me honestly died inside, I felt so sad for her, cuz then she for sure couldn't do it tomorrow. So we left her the invitation to pray and verify what she had felt the first time was true.
  So then Sunday came around. Elisa came to church, so did Jocelyn and Monica! So that was really cool, to have 3 good people in church. Monicas doing good again, her life has kinda gotten bad, so she really needs the church in this part of her life. There's a lot of hope for her in December. Jocelyn, still doing perfect.  So then after church we went back to Elisa. She said that she felt a lot better again, a lot more at peace with being baptized. She accepted being baptized this upcoming sunday, the 5th. We just gotta help her keep the commandments and she'll be good.
  So then cambios...I had been throughout the week going back and forth in my mind that I was staying, then the next moment that I was going. Then after Sunday I really wanted to stay. I didnt want to leave so many things just like left undone. SO I was super nervous for the cambios. Then Monday morning comes around, and we get the call...................and I'm staying!!! I was soo happy to hear it. There are so many things I'm excited for this upcoming cambio: Elisas baptism, Miguel and Jocelyns wedding, Jocelyns baptism, it's very possible that Sandra and Monica are baptized this month, Christmas with Karinas family and Elder Strong. It's gonna be good. I'm so excited to be here.
  So that's basically this week! So this week we hope to see a lot of good, and not only this week rather this whole cambio. SO heres to another fun filled 6 weeks in Lirquen. I love you all, thanks for everything! The church is true!

Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment