Monday, November 8, 2010

Enchiladas, Capacitations and not your average size bugs!

  Well this week was a pretty cool one, we've seen some good things happening here in Lirquen.  So on Wednesday I had a leadership training meeting in the mission home. So I dropped off Elder Strong in Penco with the elders there and went with the zone leaders to the mission home. There the President and the assistants talked to us, and I really enjoyed the conference. It really helped boost my animo (?) and keep me ready to work. Not to mention we also ate chicken enchiladas (1st time in 15 months) and some amazing ranch dressing. It truly was delicious. 
   So then we were ready to get working really hard throughout the rest of the week. In doing so we saw good progress with Paula Canales, who is going to talk to her husband frankly about her getting baptized, but didn't come to church, Elisa; who is now feeling less confused about everything, and has now agreed to keep the word of wisdom, but also didn't come to church, Moises; we've got to talk to his mom, but he does want to get baptized, and he came to church, and Jocelyn; who is still as good as ever and her and Miguel came to church again.  Monica unfortunately had to stay at work all weekend. So that's basically what happened this week in terms of progress of the investigators, each one we have has a distinct problem, but none of them are impossible. And we found a cool lady-Sandra, who came to church last week. She is the wife of a member, and knows a whole lot of the church and wants to be baptized, but works every Sunday. So we'll see what happens there as well.
   So lets see if anything funny happened this week. Well, today on the bus to "Conce" we were sitting in back and a guy 2 feet away from me threw up all over the bus.  That was pretty....gross. Luckily we were basically in "Conce" when it happened.  Another funny thing. So it was like Thursday morning and I was in the kitchen, and all of a sudden I hear a scream and elder Strong saying Elder Mayberry get in here! My parental instincts told me elder Strong had been gravely injured. So I ran in there and he was like "there's a huge bug in here!" So we checked it out, caught it, froze it and added it to the collection. Now the bug really was huge, I'll send the picture, just imagine it flying around our house. I don't know how it got in either. But a funny story.
   So we this upcoming week are going to work on finding more new people, we've been kind of slacking in that aspect. But we will this week. I can't believe how fast this time is going by, we're already on the 4th week of the cambio, and I turned 15 months old. Ok, so now were gonna go eat at a restaurant called Mamut. I hear its the closest thing to an American restaurant, so I think I'm gonna enjoy it (it has free refils, that's unheard of in Chile). Hope you all have great weeks, I know I will!
 
Elder Ryan Mayberry
 The pictures:
1)¡Oh, Lirquen!

2)The bug

3)Again

4) I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment