Monday, April 25, 2011

Decent!

  Well family, as you can see this last week was just decent for us, but there were some good things that happened for us. So I'll just tell you what happened starting at the beggining of the week. Well, Monday was just a pretty normal day. Tuesday was alright though. We had a district class, and I focused the class on having animo, or rather, enthusiasm. Enthusiasm that we're misisonaries, that we can work, just because it(having the right attitude) really affects the work a ton. I think it was a good class. Then after we went to go teach Graciela real fast before lunch, she's the lady who randomly came to church last Sunday. So we taught her a bit, inside of the bus she has to sell juice. Then we went to lunch, then had an invasion in another sector of the zone, Talca Centro (Downtown Talca). That was good, then after that the day was pretty much normal. Wednesday was a good day too. We did a minicambio with the zone leaders, I went over to their sector with elder Ward our newer zone leader, and elder Huerta stayed here with elder Morgan. Elder Ward is a really good missionary, he's got 3 months less time than me but he's way cool, an excellent missionary. I learned a lot from him. The day we had was just mas o menos over there though. One of the best things about doing minicambios with the zone leaders is that in their sector, they have a completo stand named Donde Alex, and it is claimed to have the best completos in Talca. And let me tell you, it is. I'll include some pictures. Sooooo goood.  Also, my mtc comp elder Doxey is the Zone Leader of the other zone in Talca and lives with our zl's, so we talked a bit. thats cool.
  Thursday morning we talked a lot about how to help the zone, and my district. Thursday was just alright as well. And from then on it was rather rough for us. Friday was viernes santo, o sea, "Good Friday". a day of pure traditions like not eating meat (dont ask me why) and stuff. Also on the tv a lot it showed a lot about how they celebrate here, like having massive parties (...) or how in some parts they literally nail themselves to crosses. ugh, it just doesn't make me feel good that kind of remembering Christs Atonement. Why can't we just give it the reverance it deserves? So also because it's a 3 day weekend everyone either left Talca or relatives came over, making the work a bit hard. Friday we didn't get into a single house, except for at the very end of the night. we were doing contacts and a lady came up to the door and let us in right away. We found out that she's a member, but inactive for like 18 years. And her whole family was there too from Santiago like 5 other people, all members, all inactive for 18 years. But they're really nice people with desires to come back to church. So we talked a bit and invited them to church. 
  Saturday was also a rough day. We didn't get into a single house the whole day, except at the night with an inactive member and her non member husband. It was a good lesson. Then Sunday came around and it was hard, because no investigators came to church. But Kevin got confirmed! So we're sitting there at the beginning of the meeting and then all of a sudden a ton of people walk into the chapel, and it was the inactive family we taught on Friday! That was really cool to see. That was an exito (success) that really made us feel good. Only one lives here in this sector though, but we're gonna see if we can start working with her husband who isn't a member. Then the rest of the day was just decent.
   SO that was basically last week! WAIT! I forgot about a pretty funny incident that happened. So on Friday we were just walking down a side street, minding our own business, and a dog just runs up to me and bites me! Luckily he didnt get my leg, but he did get my pants. And he did quite a bit of damamge to the pants though, I'll attatch a picture (dont put it on the blog please, haha), but he basically ripped the stitching on the side from the waist down to the heel. So that was kind of awkward walking around like that, luckily a member lived close by and fixed it right away. 
   Now, thats what happened last week. Today I found an email from the office telling me home I'm going home on August 9th telling me I gotta tell them stuff like the airport closest to my home and stuff.....trunky email. Time is disappearing, its crazy.  This cambios half over already. Well it's good that I'm not trunky.
   So I hope you all have a great week! Hope you had a great Easter and could think more about Christ, now I invite you to think about him more throughout the whole year! Love you all, this church is true!!
 
Elder Ryan Mayberry
 Pics
1,2) The times are changing here in Talca.


3) Having fun here in Talca
4) the result of my 2nd encounter with a dog
Not included.... haha
 
5,6)Donde Alex completo (all that on the top is homemade mayonaise, yum. I ate 2 of those).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment