Monday, April 4, 2011

Huzzah!

  This week was an excellent week for us here in Jardín del Valle. We saw a lot of successes after a long time working hard here. We saw success in basically all aspects of the work here, in finding, in getting our investigators to progress, and getting some to baptism.  So I guess I'll explain the week in terms of those.
   So in finding. We did a good job of finding some pretty solid people this week. We found 3 or 4 pretty receptive people who really are interested and want to follow the example of Christ. Among them there names are Belén (Bethlehem in spanish), Tabita, and Valesca.
   So in helping people progress and get prepared for baptism we had a lot of success with the people we've been teaching. Namely, because Rosana, Freddy and Gloria, and Kevin and Keyla's mom all came to general conference this weekend! They finally all took the first step to getting to church. Now we just got to get them to come back this next week. But were definitely excited for the future here in Jardin del Valle. Especially because all 4 of them are really, really good. I have faith that all of the can be baptized either this month or next month.
   And in the last news of Kevin and Keyla. They had their baptism interviews on wednesday, and both of them passed!! We decided though it would be best if they got baptized this Sunday the 10th. So this Sunday were gonna have some baptisms! Huzzah! It's a cause of great rejoicing to see people make covenants with God, the first covenants they need to live with Him after this life. yay!
   Other significant events this week: My birthday! It was good, I had 2 cakes, one for lunch and one in the night. It was a good birthday. I also was sick the day after, not that fun. Then the other event was general conference. Ahh, i love it! It was such a good conference, I think my favorite session was Saturday afternoons. It was just perfect for our investigators there. I love conference so much, I definintely took it for granted back in my youth (or rather up until 2 years ago haha).
   So yeah, I'm 21 now. And tomorrow I turn 20 months old in the mission. Uhhhhh.......where's time going? I have no idea.  So everythings good here. Oh yeah, cambios! I'm staying here! And so is my comp. SO here we are ready to put forth a good cambio of work.  Well thats it! The church is obviously true.  Have a great week!
 
Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment