Monday, June 27, 2011

The beginning of the end!

  Well, here we are, another cambio down. Its so strange to think that I'm in the last cambio of my mission.  only 6 short weeks left. Wow. Well, this last week was a really good one. It was the last week of elder Squires, and we saw a lot of good things happen this week, mostly having to do with our investigators. So I think I'll just explain to you the advances of our investigators. Lets start with Carla...
     Carla did great this week! She got baptized! It was excellent. She was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. Her baptismal service was really cool, Melani (her new convert sister) gave the talk, and at the end Carla bore her testimony. It was really a special moment. Another cool thing was that both of her parents were there to support her! We've seen progress with the parents in the sense that they are no longer against what their daughters are doing, but rather are giving a little more support. They even went to church for all 3 hours on Sunday. SO that was really good. 
    Next up will be Laura. Well, Laura was definitely a blessing from heaven.  She is just so great, we taught her a couple times this week and she is really willing to believe what we share, but wants and is looking for a spiritual confirmation. She went to Carlas baptism, and went to all 3 hours of church, and even said the closing prayer in the principles of the gospel class! She's so cool, I know she will progress.
    After Laura we've got Sebastian. He's just another blessing from the cielos. We met with him this week and to our surprise we got to his house, and found out that him mom and his grandma are both inactive members, and are all for him going to church and getting baptized. That was a pleasant surprise. So we taught him once or twice, and he also came to church for all 3 hours.  Excited about him too.
    Then we have our others. Danielas still really good, but she didnt come to church, aww. Paula and Romina are also in the same boat, making steps of progression, but didn't come to church this week.  So that made us kinda sad. But we are very excited for the future. It should be a great month in July, I'm very excited for it. Should be a great end to the mission. 
    So changes are today. The zone had considerable changes, 3 people finished the misison in the zone. 2 missionaries are gonna train now. One of our district leaders became the assistant. So the zones gonna be pretty changed this next cambio, but it's gonna be for the better, I can just feel it. So elder Squires is dying, and my new comp is gonna be elder Zarco. He actually got here with me, but goes home a cambio after. He's from california, but has Mexican heritage.  I've never met him, but I've heard good things about him.
     Well, I guess this really is the beginning of the end. I'm gonna work the absolute hardest I can these last 6 weeks I have. The only thing is that I'm 90% sure they're gonna fly by. Well, here's to a great last cambio.  Here's some pictures too. I love you all, I love the mission, I'm just really loving life right now. Have a great week!!!
Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment