Monday, July 4, 2011

Weee!

Hey everyone!
   This has been a pretty good week for us this week.  We're seeing success! Oh yeah, and I have my new comp and everything.  So basically, here's how the week went. On Monday we were in Concepcion during the day and everything, then when Pday ended I said bye to elder Squires, then I went with one of the elders of my zone who was also alone, Elder Brown, and we worked in his sector for all of Monday. Then on Tuesday morning we went over to the terminal to wait for our comps. So we didn't have to wait too long, I was only there until a little before noon, then my comp got there. So we got his luggage, got on a bus and went to our house. So I'll tell you about just the interesting things that happened this week, then about the investigators progress. On Wednesday we had our district class which was good. Then on Thursday we had our zone leader council in Chillan. That was also good, I like having those smaller meetings with President. Oh, and president drove us there and back, so that was cool.  We had some good Peruvian food at a restaurant in Chillan after.   On Friday we didn't have a lot of time in the sector, we had to plan for the week in the morning, then had a couple hours to work, then I went to Hualqui with the district leader over Hualqui, and my comp went with his comp to their sector. I did a couple interviews in Hualqui for the hermanas sectors, and they went well.  Saturday was the first day of the week where we had a full work day, so that was good. And then Sunday. We had a lot of investigators in church on Sunday which was really good. I'll tell you about them. So at church we had: Laura, Sebastian, Paola and Romina, Darling (Melani and Carlas sister), and a new family of 3 Silvia, Carina, and Carlos.
  Laura's actually doing really, really good. She told us this week she's for sure getting baptized. The only thing is that her parents feel like she hasn't investigated enough, and want her to take a little more time. But other then that she's doing really really good. Sebastian is also doing amazing. He's just really gung ho for baptism. He's for sure getting baptized on this upcoming Sunday. Laura might too, we'll see. Paola and Romina are also doing alright as well. We had a couple good lessons with them telling them they have to be reading and praying every day so that God answers their prayers. So we'll see what happens with them.  The new family we found was kind of a cool story. So on Thursday we had just done a bunch of contacts and no one let us in, then we started walking to another part. We walked past this house and the thought came to my mind of knocking it. We walked a little further, then I decided we should turn around and knock that house. SO we did and the lady let us in right away! There were 2 ladies there, one of them didn't live there. So on Saturday night we went and visited the other lady who didn't live in the house we knocked. We got there then shared with the whole family (the husband too). 3 agreed to go to church the next morning, and they did! So that was really cool cuz that doesn't happen too often.  So those are the successes we're seeing here in the sector.  We're just working hard to really have a great month this month as a sector, and as a zone. I'm working hard and not trunky, don't worry. But it is starting to hit me more, that I only have 5 weeks left. Crazy! Well, this weeks gonna be a good one. Hope you have a great week too! Love you all, the church is true!

Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment