Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Greetings from the MTC !! 8-11-09

So to answer some of the questions from the dear elder letters;-The sleeping schedule has been fine. Most nights I sleep really well, and have very little to no problemn waking up in the morning. -The spanish is actually coming along really well. I can already confidently pray and bear my testimony in spanish, and more and more is coming back to me each day. I think by the time I get outta here i'll be pretty far along in spanish, almost fluent if all goes well.-Ive seen everyone from the floor that is here right now. Jason just left today I believe, and Chad and Marshall are doing well in their languages. Me and Mauricio are neighbors, and are in the same district. And Aaron is one floor above me, but i see him often. So here goes the real update: I sent a letter home after the first day, i dont know if you got that yet. So this past week has been going well. The schedule of studying in the same class every day day in day out has taken some getting used to, but im pretty accustomed to it now. The district im in is all good, the people are nice and our spanish is all more or less on the same level. Im in the intermediate class if you havent heard already from my last letter. Gym time is going well; I have ran some, (I ran 2 miles yesterday, which to me is quite an accomplishment), lifted weights, and played some volleyball. The food here is the same as the cannon center, and I'm trying not to eat too much. We went to the temple today, which was really neat, we got to do a session. Today is my P-Day. I'm basically just writing things as they come into my head, haha, so sorry if it doesnt make to much sense. We have started practicing Lesson 1, in english though. We spend the first 4 weeks here teaching in english, then it goes to all spanish. We got a nice picture of all of us from BYU right before jason left (Aaron didnt make it in the picture though) Ive also taken a few pictures of the temple, and my room and classroom. However, i dont think i can send those via email. So thats all for now, i want to save some time to check later if i forgot anything(ill explain below)Love you lots,
Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment