Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Elder Ryan Mayberry introduces his Companions

Entire District at the Provo Temple.

Elders (left to right): Barksdale(Anaheim), Mayberry(Chile), Velez(Texas)
Gardner(Nicaragua), Doxey(Chile), Woods(Nicaragua), Goodman(Guatemala)
Davis(Guatemala), Cooper(Texas), Montoya(Guatemala)

Hi everyone! How is everything going back at home? Things are going well here. I'm definitely used to the schedule nowadays. Its not hard waking up in the morning or anything. Writing by Dear Elder is fine, so is regular mail. E-mails are also fine too, just know I wont be able to read or write them til tuesday. And I can email anytime on tuesday before 6. And Mom, you can send the package whenever you like. Alright, so an update on things. I sent the camera home on saturday. So hopefully it'll be there soon. So about my companions, I may be getting a brand new one today or tomorrow. 3 of the guys in our district left this morning for the Guatemala MTC. Its weird, we only knew each other for 3 weeks but we felt pretty close. Anyways, one of the guys on my floor is now companionless. And he said he may choose me to be his new companion. Its still not known for sure, but we'll see how it goes. My current companions are Elder Doxey and Elder Paull. Elder Doxey is from Utah, but spent the past 3 years in Mexico, because his dad was Mission president there. He went to one semester of BYU after that. Elder Paull is from Florida, and played beach volleyball. SO when we play during gym he's pretty good. To answer Dads questions: The spirit is pretty strong here. I had problems recognizing the spirit at first, but I am getting better at it and more used to it. All of the talks and devotionals have been super good here. Probably because of the spirit here. Spanish is going pretty well, I definitely am good at listening and writing it, speaking I find to be much harder. But with practice that can get better. We haven't had to teach any of the lessons in spanish yet, but I'm pretty sure I could struggle through it if I had to. We taught lesson 2 the first time yesterday, which didnt go so well, because we had barely studied it, and because there is so much to teach in that lesson (plan of salvation).

Elders: Mayberry,Velez, Hatton, Martinez.

Well all is well here, I can't really think of anything else I want to type at the moment. I'm saving some of time for later use. Alright, thanks for all the letters, I love you all so much, and I'm thankful you are supporting me. I truly know I have grown a lot spiritually and as a person since I have been here. I know why I want to be a missionary, and I really want to do the Lord's work. Well I'll talk to you all a little later today.



No comments:

Post a Comment