Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blessed by an Apostle. Chad leaves for Japan.

Hey everyone! So just writing a quick note about how things are going here before I have to go to breakfast. So things are going pretty good here, although I am beginning to get a little tired of the MTC. But I am halfway done here, then the actual mission starts, which I am excited for. Spanish is coming along well; in fact we have had 2 days where we have spoken nothing but Spanish all day. We are going to be doing 2 of these a week, but probably soon increase it to 3 times a week. Thats basically what I need to get better in spanish. I'd say im fairly confident in all of my writing and listening, but speaking is still coming to me. I am making progress though, which should be good. If all goes well I think I should probably be a very good speaker, not fluent, but definitely well off.                                                
  On another note, my companion is now Elder Paull. Because the 3 Elders left for Guatemala they had to split apart our trio to accomodate. And they split up me and Elder Doxey, but its ok, Elder Paull is a nice companion.
  Our classes have been pretty crazy. So far we've had at least 12 teachers! We had our 2 original teachers, but one got married and the other went on a trip, so we've had substitutes for the past week or so. But now we have one new teacher for good, and the other teacher who was one of the originals is stuck in Chile, haha. But he'll be back soon. Our new teacher is a really nice guy, he talks to us about the outside world a bit, because he knows how much we can feel seperated or alone here in the MTC.
  Alright, well I've got a lot more to talk about, for instance an Apostle came and talked to us at a fireside! But I've got to go to breakfast. Ill talk to you in a bit!
Breakfast is complete:
  Alright here's some more stuff I didnt get a chance to write about earlier. Like I said, things are doing very well here. I am however getting tired of the MTC. People say its nothing like your mission and it improves many times over after you get in the field. I did receive the camera and its working great. Just one thing, next time I send the memory card home leave the pictures on the card too, and I'll delete them if necessary. I think the Microsoft charge is fine, they said they had to charge us one more time. I'm pretty sure thats the last one, but if it happens again we might have to call or something. About dad posting the pictures on facebook, he can if he wants to. Just make sure he doesnt check my notifications or anything. He could even give a little update on the status or something if he wants. Also, encourage people to write me, anyway, Dear Elder, email or regular mail.
 Alright, so things are good here. Like a said, im getting a bit tired of it, but at least I'm halfway done here. Chad just left for Japan on Monday, so we got another picture with all of us BYU guys. 3 more guys from the floor have come. The highlight of the week I guess was last tuesday Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the 12 came and spoke to us. It was easily the best talk I've heard given. He spoke so powerfully and I knew that he is a man ordained of God. He even gave us some apostolic blessings (if thats the word for it). He blessed us with a gift of protection and the gift of tongues. So hopefully those help :D Anyways, if I can think of anything else Ill write a little bit later today. ¡Hasta luego, Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment