Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Phone calls in Spanish! Travel plans in 2 days.

i everyone!
How are you doing? Its really great to get letters, emails, and such from all of you throughout the week; I always look forward to reading them. So how are things here? Well, its basically more of the same thing. Study, study, study, and eat. Basically I'm really ready to get out into the field and be a missionary for real.



  There have been a couple cool things this week: The first is that we got to host last Wednesday. That was super fun and exciting, it breaks up the monotony of the week. Ben Walters came in, a friend from Budge hall at BYU, and he's living on my floor! He's in Aaron's zone, so thats pretty cool. Another fun thing that we got to do this week was we got to do phone calls in spanish. They have a place here where we're able to do confirmation calls for people who've ordered DVDs, Bibles, Books of Mormon, etc. Normally we do them in English, but this last time we got to do them in Spanish. That was pretty exciting, also pretty nerve wracking too.
Also among the exciting news, we get our travel plans in 2 or 3 days!! Im very excited to get those.
  So the spanish is going pretty well. To be honest I pretty much am solid with all of the grammar, I am especially good with it on paper. In speaking though, I'm not as good. Basically what I study in spanish now is vocabulary. We plan on having at least 3 days a week where we speak nothing but spanish all day. I like those, its really the times when i get the most needed practice.
  So I think thats about all thats going on here. Basically I'm waiting eagerly to get out of here and start the real mission. (Which is only 2 short weeks away :D)
Alright, I love you all and thank you so much for all of the support, letters, emails, etc. Thanks and talk to you all later!!
Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment