Monday, June 28, 2010

It's been a good week!

Hey everyone! Well this week has been pretty good. We had a lot of stuff go on this week. I think this email's gonna be all over the place, but here goes...

  Well on Tuesday we had a good district class. We learned a lot, especially about the Atonement, but more on that in a bit. Well I'll tell you about the progress of the investigators in a bit. But one of the highlights was on Thursday.
  On Thursday we had the Zone conference, where like half the mission meets up and the President and the assisstants talk to us. But it was just spectacular. It was President Chavez's last one with us. But the assistants gave an excellent presentation of the Atonement. And us as a mission are all trying to increase our understanding and testimonies of the Atonement. I will tell you right now its amazing, I've learned so much this last week about all that Christ did for us. I've learned a lot from talks, for example I would highly reccomend the talk from the last general conference by Elder Scott. A lot of things he says I had never thought of before. I know that Christ is my savior and redeemer. I love the Atonement. So that's my consejo (advice) for this week. Anyway, that was Thursday. A cool note, I got a letter back from chad! He's doing good it seems. So on Friday was the big Chile game, which they lost but still classified for the next round. Parading in the street still applied.
  On Saturday we had an activity by the missionary work to help get the ward excited to work in the missionary work. It went pretty good. We watched a movie about it, and a cool little thing, when we pushed fast forward you could still hear the voices. The cool thing is that I can understand spanish at 2x speed! haha. Well the activity went pretty good.
  Another random thing. Elder Findlay got a package, and inside was a pedometer! (one of the things that keeps track of your steps, it also converts it to miles too). So we've been using it daily seeing how much we walk. For example, on Friday we walked 7.5 miles, and on Saturday we walked about 10 miles. So were gonna figure out to see how far we could go in the 24 months if it was just spent walking (we could get pretty close to home is what were thinking). So thats neat.
  Sunday was good, Sonia came to church again. Well now I'll talk about the investigators. Sonia is doing excellent. She is doing really well. She's gonna have her baptism interview this week, so she may be getting baptized this Sunday! I'll tell you if she did or not next week. The rest of the people we have are progressing kind of, but havent been going to church. So were seeing what we can do with them, but were working on finding new people too. But I'll be keeping you posted. Elder Findlay and I are getting along really well, working hard too. Today we went and played some soccer, which is fun. All this mundial (world cup) just makes me want to play, haha.
  Well that's basically what happened this week. Next week should be pretty good. I love you all, I love this work and this gospel. Its true. Have great weeks! Heres some pictures!

Me with President Chavez,


My Comp  Elder Findlay with President Chavez,


and a pic of Concepción


Inside Zone Conference





Elder Ryan Mayberry







No comments:

Post a Comment