Monday, June 7, 2010

10 months in my Mission!

Isnt that crazy? Time is just flying by. Well, this week was pretty good. Had its ups and downs.

Well on Monday, we found Cristian to teach him again, but this time we taught his family too, and it was really good! They're all gonna pray to see if what we say is true. I have big hopes with them.
  Tuesday in the morning we got the glorious news that we can play sports now! Like soccer and basketball. We couldn't for the whole time I was here, but now we can! So that was cool. Then we did a minicambio with Bulnes, and I went over there, which was good.
  On Wednesday we were walking to an appointment, and I was balancing on this like log and I split and fell. It was kind of embarrasing, but luckily there was no one around us, haha. Then we went over to teach Miguel (the preacher) and he went to Santiago and is staying there I guess. Now we both just couldn't believe it, right when it seemed he was making progress. But then we got in and taught his 3 grandchildren, and had a really good lesson! It could be a blessing in disguise. But I'm also very hopeful for them too.
  Thursday was a pretty normal day. At lunch we had a desert I never had. If I had to describe it, it was strawberry flavored foam, haha. But it was good nontheless. Oh, and on Thursday we had some little kids through a couple rocks at us. I'm not gonna lie, I think the only times I get mad on the mission is when someone throws rocks at us. Oh well. It's so amazing the love Christ had, I wish I could just have a piece of it.
  On Friday we had an activity run by us, where people talked about their conversion, and then applied it to the missionary work. But unfortunately no investigators came, but I think it helped the ward a bit (our wards pretty dead in the missionary work).
  Saturday was pretty normal. Once again we've got the problem where not a lot of people are in their houses, so were doing a lot of walking. Sunday was alright, none of our good investigators came to church though, ugh. Even thought they said they would. Its a bit fruistrating sometimes but oh well.
  And then today we made good use of the being able to play sports, we went and played soccer for a good while, which was a ton of fun. I'm pretty rusty though, but oh well.
  Well that's basically what happened this week. Next weeks cambios, so that should be interesting. I'll keep you guys updated. Love you all and have good weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment