Monday, June 21, 2010

World Cup!!

 Well as I'm sitting here in the internet cafe the Chile team is playing vs. Switzerland, and its kinda hard to concentrate on this letter, haha. But I'll try my best, but a lot happened this week ¡CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE! That's the cheer they shout here. And Chile just won again! They're doing pretty good it seems. Well now that the games over I can concentrate a bit more on this email. So a lot's happened this week.

  So last Monday me and Elder Grant went to the big market that sells a bunch of souveniers and bought some stuff, cuz he left Chillan for Chiguayante. So I bought some cool stuff there, then we said bye to the ward members. On Tuesday we went to the bus terminal, and I had to wait for my comp to get there. So then my comp got here. His names Elder Findlay, he's from Washington, and he's really cool, we get along really well. Something interesting, the last sector he was in was Dichato. Yes, that's the place that got utterly destroyed by the tsunami, and he was there for it. He had to run for the hills, lost all his stuff, so that's pretty interesting. Oh, and while at the terminal I got to see Elder Viana, who was with me in the house in Talca, so that was cool we gotta catch up.
  So this week was pretty good investigator wise. Well it actually had its ups and downs. We found a couple new people, and a lot of the investigators we have are remaining the same, like Anibal and Alex. But Sonia is progressing a lot, she went to church again this Sunday! But unfortunately, we talked to Cristian and he said he's going out of town for an unspecified time, Ugh. So that was a bummer. People are celebrating in the streets because of the game, haha. Well, actually that's all thats happened.
  But things are going pretty good here in Chillán. The world cup is in full force though. To show you how intense it is here, for example, people go to work the days that Chile plays, but everything is put on hold for the game and everyone stops working. At schools, the kids still go, but the schools are buying plasma TVs to show the students, and they watch it during school hours. And today, we went to go do some of the Visa stuff for Elder Findlay, but they wouldn't let us in, they were watching the game. haha, so it's a bit ridiculous. But it's also pretty cool. The parading in the streets has started.
  Well sadly that's the email I have for you. Probably half was about the world cup, haha. But things are good. I like my new comp a lot, we get along and teach well together. I'm still the junior comp if you wanted to know. Well to make up for it I'm gonna put on some fotos.

Photos:
1)Our zone before cambios

2) Me on a dinosaur

3) The statue they have to missionary work inour sector, haha

Love you all, the church is true.
Elder Ryan Mayberry







No comments:

Post a Comment