Monday, October 11, 2010

Aqui Estamos

  Well, here we are another semana gone.  I typed that out exactly as I thought it, that's how my thoughts come nowadays, mixed in english and spanish. Anyways, this week was pretty good for us. Again, like a lot of weeks, it had its ups and downs.  
  Well for the work, were working with the same people. We've got some people who we were focussing on more, progress less, and others progressing more, so were gonna do a little bit of switching around our priorites here. But this week was pretty good. one cool thing me and elder Strong are doing now is that now we only speak Spanish in the street. And whoever speaks English the most has to buy the other something at the end of the day. It's good practice for elder Strong, me too.
  So a little about the investigators.  Karina is doing very well, she came to church again this week and liked it a lot. She could very well be baptized this Sunday, which would be excellent. On Saturday night we were worried because it appeared that Jocelyn and Miguel had a fight, but they both showed up to church on Sunday as well. And we're trying to teach another kid thats come to church a few times.  Monica once again didn't come, ugh. Elisa was also set on coming, but couldn't. But I'm still very optimistic for the future, we're on the verge of a breakthrough here in Lirquen. 
  So today we were invited by Miguel and Jocelyn to go to his birthday barbeque at his parents house. He turned 29. That was really cool, fun to just hang out with some cool people. Ate a ton though. And so here I am!
  This week I turned 14 months in the mission, 1 year in Chile. That was crazy. I took out my 1st agenda from being in Chile, and looking through it, I could remember the people I talked to, clearly, from the first few days in Chile. It's crazy.
  And so here comes the next week, the last of the cambio.  I doubt I'm going, pretty sure I'll be here in Lirquen with Elder Strong for a while longer. It'll be great. I love the work, I love being here, and the church is true. Next week I promise some pictures!

Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment