Monday, October 4, 2010

Una Semana buena!

Hey everyone!
  This week was pretty good, in many aspects.  I do feel that this email might be a little short though. So this week we have been working with our investigators, like last week, to get them to go to church.  So we focused on that this week a lot with Monica, Karina, Jocelyn, Paula Canales, and the rest.      
  On Tuesday I went to the sector of Penco Centro to do a minicambio, and that went good. Elder Strong had to lead the sector in Lirquen, and did really well from what I hear! Then on Thursday we did what was called an invasion. All the missionaries from our district, plus the zone leaders, went to the sector of Valle Hermoso and worked there for a couple hours. That was pretty cool to do.
  So like I said we had to work really hard to get people to go to church, especially cuz we wouldn't work on Saturday (for General Conference). So that's what we did, and we saw fruit! We had 4 of our investigators go to church this week! Paula Canales, Karina, Jocelyn and Miguel, and a members friend. So that made us happy to finally see some people go to church. Although it was disappointing that some people didn't go, Monica for example, we were still happy that some did. 
  And speaking of General conference, it was really good! I've come to love conference now. I felt how special of an experience it is as I taught what conference was to our investigators. How blessed we are to listen to the Prophet of God, and his 12 apostles. Conference was really good, a lot of people spoke on the basics, which was good. We as missionaries go to all 5 sessions, so it's cool to hear all the talks. 
  So we're gonna have a lot of success in October. Me and Elder Strong are excited to work hard and see some fruits this month. It's gonna be a good one. And today we had a lot of fun as well. We went to a big field, right on the beach and played soccer zone vs zone, against the zone of Chiuguayante. It was fun playing on a big field, and we also owned the other zone!  
  And as mom has already told me, tomorrow I turn 14 months old in the mission, and on the 6th I turn 1 year in chile. That will be crazy, knowing that a year ago I was in Chile. I'm not trunky, don't worry about it. I can't believe how fast the mission is going, it's scary. But I'm here to work and will do it til the day I die (in the mission). I love being here and being a missionary, and I'm excited for the future.  I love you all!, and sorry for how small this email is!

Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment