Monday, September 27, 2010

Howdy!

Hey Everyone!
  This week was pretty all over the place, had a lot of ups, downs, blessings, troubles, a lot. The week was pretty normal event wise, with the exception of having a mission conference on Friday, which was really good. But apart from that, basically we saw stuff happen with investigators. So I think I'll dedicate this email to that, describing the investigators.
  So we taught Alejandro on Monday this week, and he said he would go to church. Then we didn't see him the whole rest of the week. :( So he didn't go to church. He's so receptive, he just kind of disappeared off the map for the week. The same thing happened with Monica. We haven't seen her since before the 18th of September. So that has me a little worried.
  We did find a couple new people this week through contacts, so we'll see if they progress. Really, we've got a lot of good investigators, they just need to go to church. And when they do I know they'll progress and eventually be baptized. 
  One of the best things was that Paula Canales came to church! She couldn't stay the whole time, but at least she came, so that was good to see progress in her.
  The biggest thing that happened this week was with Jocelyn. I think I told you before that she is living with an inactive member (not married with her). Well this week we had the opportunity to teach both at the same time. He, (Miguel's his name), still has his testimony of the church, and knows he has to go back, but it's just hard for him to go back. But this week, he made up his mind and said for sure he was gonna come back to the church, starting with this Sunday! Jocelyn also said the same! So that was a big miracle we were praying for. I don't think I explained it well enough, but oh well. Anyway, it just so happened that the whole family got sick like the day after. And I don't think it was coincidence, I've come to notice very much on the mission that there is always an opposition, especially after a big decision like that. So they weren't able to come to church this week either.
  And Elder Strong is also doing well, he's still wide eyed at every new thing he sees, but the spanish is coming. We're gonna start speaking a lot more in the streets to help him out.
  For this following week my hopes are still high, we're working with the same old people, and a couple new people that I'm pretty sure will progress. Well this email was just ahí no más, but es lo que hay. I love being here on the mission, Aaron already did a nice little spanish section of the email, I'll maybe do one in a few weeks. And I of course understood the Chilean, even though I don't think you guys did, haha.  I love it. The church is true, I love this work.  I'm really excited, because it's time for General Conference again! I'm way excited to hear the talks. It should be really good, and I'm pretty sure we can get some investigators there too.
  One more tidbit. This next week I turn one year old in Chile. That, is insane. I can't believe how fast time is going.  It's true how they say the time in the mission is like a whirlpool, the closer I get to the end the faster it goes. It scares me a bit to think that my time is just dwindling down, that's why I gotta work as hard as I can now. Love you all!

Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment