Monday, May 16, 2011

Changes!

  Well, there went another cambio. They're going by faster and faster each one. Now theres only 2 left...it's hard to believe. Well, things are doing pertty good here in Jardin del Valle. Well first I'll tell about what happened during the week, then I'll talk about the changes brought about by the cambios. 
   Well thinking about it, I gotta write about what happened last week too! Well, here it goes.
   Week 2 May to 8: Monday and tuesday were both hard days for us in the sector.  On Wednesday we decided to take the bikes out to visit a remote part of the sector, a neighborhood called the Carlos Gonzalez. We found it, and even went a little further to see what else was there, a lot of little neighborhoods. But it's so far from everything its kinda hard to work there, becuase it'd be pretty hard for people to get to church. And starting on Wednesday the week kinda turned around for the better. We started finding new people, and having success in finding some of our future investigators. One surprise of last week was that on Friday morning I got a call from the zone leaders, telling me I'd be doing a minicambio with one of the assistants! So all of Friday I did a minicambio with the one of the assistants, Elder Pitcher. I learned a whole lot that day and we had a really great day.  A cool thing happened on Saturday. The whole day Saturday was kinda not that great, and at 9:45 at night (15 minutes left in the day) we had to do some contacts. So I said a little prayer asking for the lord to turn the day around for us. So I felt we should contact a certain street, and sure enough, at 9:57 a man asked if we wanted to go in! OF course we did and shared something real brief, but it was a really cool testimony booster for me. Sunday was alright, we didn't have anyone in church really, aww.
   Alright, so this week. Well this week was basically your pretty normal week. Monday was went to Constitucion, which was a lot of fun. We took the train there. And throughout the week, really not too much special happened. So there's not too much to write about. But the fact that cambios were coming was looming over us.  On Saturday morning I went with my zone leader Elder Morgan to Piduco (he was born there too, and he's going home) to say bye to people. I only got to see one family, the Cristi family, and Felipe. Good news though, Felipes working on his mission papers!!! How cool is that?? So that was a cool day. On Sunday we didn't have anyone in church either, aww. So Sunday night during planning I got a call from President Humphrey, telling me I'm getting changed. I'm going to Chiguayante! Its a city about 30 minutes from concepcion, so that means im going way back down there again, to end my mission there. Im going to be a zone leader there (Aaron explained about that already). My comp will be Elder Squires, he's from California, and he was also here in Talca with me a couple cambios ago.  So thats cool. I hear its got the strongest wards in the mission, and that it's a good zone, so I'm excited to go over there and start my new assignment. So today will be full of saying goodbye and packing(ugh) and tomorrow in the morning I'll be heading over there. Im super excited to work over there. Oh, my sectors name is La Pradera fyi.
   Well thats whats going on! Next week ill have a lot to talk about im pretty sure. I love the missionary work and love being here! Have a great week this week!
 
Elder Ryan Mayberry
 
Pics: 1) Me and Felipe
2) Me at conti

3) the Zone

4) me

No comments:

Post a Comment