Monday, May 23, 2011

Greetings from the prairie!

Well, the first week of the cambio has ended. It hasn't been too different here as a zone leader, but I'm really liking the new sector I'm in. Lets see...
  On Monday I had to say goodbye to everyone, which was like always, it's always kind of hard. So then I had to go to the bus terminal at like 10 in the morning on Tuesday. Then I had a long trip, the bus left at like 10 and got to Concepcion at like 4ish I think. But I got there, my comp was there waiting for me, his name is Elder Squires, he's from around Sacramento, and dies this cambio. SO it'll be the first time I kill a comp. Fun.  So then we went to our sector.  We got there and went to lunch, then went out to work.
 Si my sector is La Pradera, translated,  The Prairie. The city is Chiguayante. Chiguayante is a pretty cool place, it's a good place to take pictures. It's situated right on the banks of the river Bio Bio and nestled in between some hills, so it looks pretty cool, I haven't taken too many pictures yet, but I will to send in the email next week. My sectors pretty cool too. From what it seems, in this zone there's usually a lot of success, so I'm excited about that, to help to zone have success.  In the zone theres 4 companionships of elders and 2 of sisters (who are in a city Hualqui, 30 minutes from Chiguayante.) On Wednesday we had district class and I didn't have to prepare a class (I don't have to anymore, yay!). Then we worked here in my sector on Wednesday. We're doing pretty good here at the moment, we've got a couple sisters who are gonna be baptized, Carla and Melani. Carla unfortunately doesn't have permission from her parents to get baptized (she's 17), and Melani (she's 20) has progressed a whole lot spiritually and will be baptized this Saturday! Then we have a couple other people we're gonna be working with too. So I'm excited, we do need some more investigators though, so we're gonna be working really hard to get new people. So far from what I've seen here, people are pretty receptive, ex. we got into quite a few houses last week, even though we didn't do too many knocking doors.
  Thursday I went on a minicambio within sector, Chiguay, and it went well. I was with Elder Sanchez. It was a pretty normal day, nothing too exciting. On Friday my comp and the sisters district leader went out to Hualqui, and I went with the Dls comp to his sector. It was also a pretty normal day, but it was pretty good too. Saturday was a good day too. Sunday was good, we had 4 people in church, 2 of which are progressing real good, the other 2 are new. During church I had to go to the DLs sector (Tierra Bella) to do an interview, and so that Melani would get interviewed too. The interview I did went really really well, she was super ready, but she wants her mom to support her before she gets baptized. And Melani passed her interview! So that was good. Then we went over to her house that day after church to talk to the dad to see if we could get the permission from the dad so Carla could get baptized too. We had a really spiritual lesson, but he still didnt' give permission! Ugh. Well, we'll wait a little longer I guess.
  Today was good, we played soccer nice and early in the morning. And now we're here in Concepcion doing internet! We're really excited to work here in La Pradera, and we're gonna have a really good month in June. I love you all and the missionary work!

Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment