Monday, April 5, 2010

8 Months old in the mission!

Hey!
  Hope everyone had a fantastic easter and conference for the members out there. More about that later. So I'll start out with an interesting fact, today I turn 8 months old in the mission! Thats 1/3 done with the mission! Thats crazy how fast time goes by. So this week was pretty alright, it went by super fast.

  So basically in terms of the sector this week was alli no mas (just alright). SO basically our problem at the moment is that we arent finding any of our investigators. Were doing a ton of walking to appointments, but they're never there. That's basically how the whole week went. So basically this upcoming week we'll be looking for some new ones.
  So other events that happened during the week. SO on wednesday was my birthday! It was alright. A member gave us some sopaipillas, and that was about it, but they were tasty.
  On Thursday was the zone conference. That was a good one. That's where like half the mission joins up to hear from the president. So now I'm going to the other half, so I don't really know anyone. But that was alright, the president was good, and it always helps the animo of the mission. (animo is like the morale?)
  On Saturday and Sunday were the conferences! Lots of missionaries say its better than Christmas, because its 2 days long, haha. So that was good. It was a really good conference, I think my favorite session was on Sunday morning. I especially liked Elder Uchtdorfs and Elder Scotts talks that day.
  So a couple other missionaries stayed the night in our house, that's always fun. We had some chips and salsa (found out I like salsa) and some little bean burritos (which were also alright).  And today I got some really good news that the week after I left, Antonella, Katerina, and Sebastian got baptized! It always makes me so happy when people make that important decision in their lives.
  Well thats about it. Sorry that it was so short, just not too much is going on and stuff. Just being missionaries. But Elder Grant and I both feel we´re gonna find success in the sector, we just gotta work hard. SO the church is true, I love this work, and I wouldn't be anywhere else.

I love you all and ill talk to you in one week more!
Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment