Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 is here!

Happy New Years!
It's so strange to think that we're now in 2011.  This week or so has been very good for us here in Lirquen. So here's a couple things that have happened.
  So we talked on Christmas! It was really great to see all you and be able to talk to everyone. So since then basically 3 big things have happened. One Wednesday, the 29th Sandra was baptized! She overcame her smoking addiction and was baptized! She was sooo prepared by the Lord, and we just happened to be the Missionaries there to baptize her. But it was super great, the baptism went really well (I got to baptize her) and she really enjoyed it, her husband as well. So that was one of the highlights.
  On Friday we had interviews with the President. Those were really good, I always love talking to the President.
  Then not too much happened until new years eve. On New Years eve. we went to Elisas house and had dinner there, then we went over to Tome and spent the night with the missionaries over there. Elder Doxey (my mtc comp) is one of the Elders over there, so that's cool. We had a blast. So one of the Chilean traditions for New years is make these huge poles, make some stuffed people and put them on top, then burn the whole thing at midnight. Last year I didn't get to see it, but this year it was done right outside the apartments where the missionaries live in Tome. So it was way cool! It's intense. Another is that you hug everyone for new years. Those are just some of the traditions. I got good pictures and video to show you.  And then on Saturday we had a zone activity where we just played a ton of games and ate, it was way fun.
  Ok, then then on Sunday... Jocelyn finally got baptized! It was also really good. Miguel was also really happy for her. So that was also a really special time. I forgot my camera : /  but Elder strong took pictures.
  And so then we have today! We just can email for like an hour, then go to work. This could be my last week here in Lirquen, so that makes me both sad and nervous.  But next monday I'll let you know what happens! I love this work and love being here. Have a great week! Well I can't get the pics to you this week, I'll do it next week though, sorry!
Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment