Monday, January 17, 2011

Talca!

  Well, I don't even know where to start, there's a lot going on in my mind. But things are quite good! Here I am again in Talca, dying of heat (its suuuper hot), making the best of my new sector,  Jardín del Valle. So I'm gonna give a rundown of whats going on here.
  So last Monday, was my saying goodbye day in Lirquen. I think it was the hardest goodbyes I've done so far, because I've met some of my favorite people in all of Chile here in Lirquen. So that was really rough. Then I had to pack (ugh), and got ready for the trip. So Tuesday morning I reported to the bus terminal in Conce at like 9, and from there started the long trip back to Talca. So at 2oclock, I arrived in Talca. So I got to the terminal and talked with the ZL's a bit, and learned we would be having a baptism on Wednesday (that's cool) and heard a lot of good things about the sector and the ward. So then I met my comp Elder Demann, he's from the same group as Elder Strong.  So we headed out to work. On Tuesday, I met the bishop of the ward. And it turns out that he is Martas (my very first convert) son! So that's cool. The bishop is really cool, he's only a convert of 3 years, but he's pure power. Then we met the girl who was gonna be baptized Wednesday, Alejandra. She's also really cool and was ready for her baptism. Then towards the end of the day we went to buy groceries, and on the way there I saw Felipe, my convert! That was really cool. Pretty sure next monday I'm gonna go to my old sector and make an appearance.
  On Wednesday morning we had the district class and I got to meet the zone. It's relatively small (12), Penco was 20 missionaries. But it's all good. I continue as a DL, my district has only one other companionship.  So right after luch we had Alejandras baptism! It was really good. So now a little about the new sector.
  Jardin del Valle is in the bottom left corner of Talca (Piduco was the top right). The ward has about 115 members who go each week, which is pretty good. The missionaries have been having good success, last Sunday a couple got married and baptized, and Wednesday there was the baptism. The bad news? We have 1 investigator. No one else. It's the brother of the girl who was baptized on Wednesday, and he's getting baptized this Saturday. So really we're in an investigator crisis, which isn't really fun to come to a sector where there's no one. But I'm excited to work. This week I've been formulating my plan of attack for this sector, and I'm gonna work a lot with the members, going and asking for references a lot. We got like 7 references from members last week, so I'm pretty sure it's gonna work. But basically, we're basically just trying to find news. But we have some pretty good references, so we're gonna see how it goes. I've got a lot of hope and faith that we'll see a lot of success here, I can just feel it.
  So the week was spent going to members, trying to find news, etc. Sunday the only investigator we had in church was Alejandras brother, Mario. So, here we are this week. Kind of in a crisis, but we're gonna have an amazing week and find like 9 million people. This morning we went to Centro, and we played some basketball and soccer with other missionaries. So that's about it! I'm very excited to be here in Talca again, sad to be out of Lirquen, but I know that for something, I'm here. I love this work, and I'm gonna do work! Love you!
Elder Ryan Mayberry










No comments:

Post a Comment