Monday, January 10, 2011

Back to my roots - Talca !

  Yes, as you can see in the title, I'm going back to my roots with the cambios. But more on that a little later. This week was really good for us here in Lirquen. Mostly because we've been seeing a lot of blessings as of late.
  So recently the President asked that we do at least 85 contacts a week, and that if we do we'll find new investigators. Now Elder Strong and I have done it for the past couple weeks and this week we saw the results. We found at least 1 new person every day this week, and a lot of them are really good people. One of them is Bernarda, she was a reference from a member and she is so golden! She's so good. she's super receptive.  And we have various other people were teaching. Pia and Valeska are also doing really good, they're both reading and praying, and they both came to church!  Bernarda couldn't because some relatives came on Saturday and stayed there for the weekend.
  So basically not much else exciting happened this week. So on Sunday night I couldn't sleep very well (I never can sleep well on nights of cambios where it's possible I go), and in the morning we got the call that I'm going. I kinda wanted to stay here close to Concepcion, but I'm going back to Talca! But I'm going to the other zone in Talca. The sectors called Jardin del Valle, and I hear it's a way good ward. I'm super excited to be over there. I guess we get bikes too! And my comps gonna be Elder Demann, he got here the same time that Elder Strong got here. And I'm still gonna be a district leader over there. I'm pretty excited. But sad at the same time, because some of my favorite people here on the mission I've met here in Lirquen. Tonights gonna be a hard day of saying goodbye, packing (ugh), and getting ready to go.
  So next week will be full of new information. I'm gonna attach quite a few fotos now, becuase of the lack of pics I've sent home the past few weeks. I'm super excited to work in my new sector. I love being here, I love the Mission. Talk to you next week!
  The pics: I don't know what order they're in. But there's a Chilean sunset, me being a witness (signing the official document) at Miguel and Jocelyns wedding, me at a Chilean Disneyland, Sandras and Jocelyns baptisms, and a huge fire from new years. Enjoy!
Elder Ryan Mayberry







 

No comments:

Post a Comment