Monday, August 23, 2010

Hello There!

Hey everyone! This week was a good one, lots of unexpected things happened this week.

  So Monday was a pretty normal day. We did have a family home evening, which turned out alright. On Tuesday at the district class we were told that on Thursday and Friday we would be going to the mission home to recieve instruction from the President. So I was pretty excited when I heard that for 2 reasons: 1) I would get to go to the mission home ( I didn't get to go when I got here to Chile), and 2) because I knew we would be given excellent food. So the rest of the week was good, then we went on Thursday to Concepcion to the mission home.
  My goodness, it is a pretty nice house. I felt like I wasn't in Chile, haha. The President and his wife live in a really nice apartment complex. So we were there both Thursday and Friday until like 6:00 pm both days. First I'll talk about what we learned there. So the president gave us training on what they will start teaching in the MTC in May. It's basically like the first presidency took preach my gospel and simplified it, and so he taught us 8 points from that. And its objective is to help us be better teachers, more self sufficient, and rely more on the Spirit. It felt really cool. I got a lot of help and I know how I can be a much better teacher now. We did a practice (I had to do it in English) and it felt amazing! I think it's really gonna help the mission work. I'm really excited to put these things into practice. And the lunches were amazing! The first one we got a half a chicken each and a ton of potatoes. And the second day, they bought us all telepizza! Telepizza is like the closest thing they have here to like Pizza Hut, and we each got a whole large pizza. I was sooo full. And there was also a massive aftershock while we were there. It felt like someone punched the building we were in.
  So then the rest of the week was normal. Unfortunately we didn't really find any of our better investigators during the week, so no one really came to church. But Bryan got confirmed, so that was good. A lady named Paula may possibly be baptized on Sunday, we'll see what happens. So that was what happened this week. Again, a shorter email. But this will be made up by all the pictures I put on! The church is true!

Elder Ryan Mayberry
The pics

1)From the celebration of 1 year
2)These signs are all over

3)Chilean trash day aka buffet for dogs

4)View of the sector

5)Bryans baptism

6)Bryans baptism again

7)The inside of the mission home

8)Me and Elder Pulver on the balcony of the mission home

9)A video of my sector, hope it works. Sorry, didn't work.. haha


No comments:

Post a Comment