Monday, August 30, 2010

Hola !

Hi everyone!
So this week was pretty interesting. It had a couple tough moments too, which I'll tell you about. But also ups too. So I'll actually start with a couple things I forgot to write last week.

  So last week when we had the training with the President, I got to translate for his wife when she talked! So that was pretty cool, wasn't too tough either. Another thing is about the miners, it's crazy that they're alive! (I guess you guys have been hearing about them too, I wasn't sure) And they're gonna take about 3 months to get them out of there. Another thing, in this sector everyone is telling me I'm Latino. My spanish has been getting better, and people kind of second guess me when I tell them I'm from the States., So that's pretty cool I guess.
  Alright, so for this week. Well to start off we wanted to work on finding new people this week. So that's what we did. Monday started off good, we got into a house, and had another lesson with Monica, who I'll tell you about in a bit. Tuesday was just ahí no más. Well on Tuesday we did a minicambio, I stayed in Lirquén and Elder Oñate, the district leader came here, to do a baptism interview for Paula Tapia (she was supposed to get baptized this sunday). So we show up to her house and the first thing she says I'm 'Sorry, but I don't think I can continue meeting with you guys'.... It's basically the opposite of what a missionary wants to hear the day of someones baptismal interview. She said she could start back up in October, and that she's really busy with work. So that really stunk. Especially cuz it's not gonna be that easy for her to come back, it never is.
  So the rest of the week was spent finding new people and trying to teach our other investigators. What was bad was we couldnt teach any of our good investigators for the 2nd half of the week. So no one came to church :( Thats never fun. But now were gonna work hard with the new people we found this week and help the other too to come to church.
  One of our better investigators is Monica. We randomly found her in the street one day (she was taught by Elder Pulver a while back), and she said we could come by. Then while we taught her we really felt guided by the spirit, and we found out she already has a testimony! All she has to do is come to church now. She also told me I couldn't look her in the eyes cuz my eyes are to brilliant and beatiful (no joke, that's what she said !).
  And then today we had your average old P-day. Today I heard from Elder Findlay that Karla (Sonias sister) got baptized! And that random guy I contacted one of the last weeks I was there is also gonna get baptized! That's always great to hear.
  Well I think that's about it. This church is true, I love being here. And I can't believe how fast time is going by (13 months pretty soon here). This next week is cambios and we might be seeing some big changes. We're thinking that Elder Pulver is gone, and I might train (a brand new missionary). So I'll have news for you next Monday! Love you!

Elder Ryan Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment