Monday, August 2, 2010

I love my new Sector

  Well that's what I thought when I got here in my sector. Well I'll give you the run down of everything...I love my new sector.

  So Monday we got the cambios, and I packed (hated it), and did some saying bye. It stunk cuz Sonia wasn't there, but saying bye is tough anyways. So then on Tuesday bright and early I went to the bus terminal. From there I went to Concepcion on bus alone! It was definitely wierd. But then I got there, waited a bit and met my comp, Elder Pulver. He has the same time as me in the mission, and has been in the sector for 3 cambios already, and he's from Utah. But then we took a bus from Concepcion to Lirquen. We had to walk 15 minutes in the pouring rain to take a bus, that wasn't fun. Didn't have my umbrella out or my rain jacket on. But then we finally got there. So the city I'm in now is called Lirquén. It's a little city outside of Penco. Penco is like 20 minutes outside of Concepcion, and Lirquén is like 10 minutes outside of Penco. So it has a small town feel. Oh, and it's such a cool sector. Why?, it's literally on the beach. It's like in the middle of 2 massive hills, which are also parts of our sector. So it's been pretty tiring scaling hills all day. And we have a 3 story chapel, so that's cool.
  So that day we had an English class, but no one came. A side note, the buses here by Concepcion are nuts. They drive like maniacs, haha. It's crazy. So then the rest of the week was spent getting to know investigators, members and stuff. And here they've been having a lot of success. The members are real good at working with the missionaries. And we have some pretty good investigators here. But I'll let you know more about them in next weeks email. But this coming week we might have a baptism! But I'll let you know.
  So now I'm in Concepcion doing internet. I feel pretty lost though, its big. And I think after this we're gonna go eat at a chinese buffet, should be delicious. So I've attached some cool photos and a video to helo you see how my sector is. But more will be coming in the future. I love being on the mission. And oh yeah, I can't believe I'm gonna turn a year old in the mission this week! It's nuts. But I love being here, love the work, the church is true. Til next time!

Elder Ryan Mayberry




No comments:

Post a Comment