Monday, August 9, 2010

Thing are looking up! I year old in the mission.

  Well things are indeed looking up here in Lirquén. We've been seeing a lot of success here, and we're doing good work. This week was a good one. Well here's the rundown of the week.

  So on Monday we went to an all you can eat chinese buffet! It was good, and I ate way too much, but it was definitely worth it. Well I actually realized that not too much happened this week apart form the norm. But I'll talk about the people we're teaching and whatnot, and a couple of random stuff. For example, every Thursday we get to eat at a fancy restaurant for free! The owner's a member, and he just gives us the lunch there, so thats cool. I like it. Pff, I completely forgot about something that did happen this week, I lost my wallet! I was on my way home from the district class on Tuesday, and after I got off the bus I realized my wallet wasn't there. And the ticket stubs we have don't say much, so we're assuming it's gone. It had a couple cards in there, my Chilean id, and luckily no money. The day before I pulled out all the pesos I need for the month. So that obviously stinks. So today I'm gonna do some stuff to fix the situation.
  Oh yeah, on Thursday I became 1 year old on the mission! How crazy! I now have less time left than time I've been on the mission. But we celebrated good, because we both turned a year old. We bought some non alcoholic champagne kids stuff and made completos. Overall it was good. And the tradition is burning a shirt at the year mark, so I just said what the heck and did it, haha.
  Alright, well now about the investigators.Well Bryan I think I told you a little about last week. He is 9, and the rest of his family are members. Well he passed his baptism interview and is gonna get baptized this next Sunday! Also we're teaching a lady named Paula Tapia. She came to church on Sunday, and is gonna have a baptism interview this Tuesday, hopefully that goes well. Here in Lirquen there's a lot of older investigators (ones who have shared with missionaries for a long time), that just lack a few things to be able to be baptized. For example, theres a lady who's shared for years, who wants to be super ready to be baptized. Another kid whose parents won't give him permission, etc. Stuff like that. But this week was good, we found some new people who will hopefully be able to progress.
  Things are going good with Elder Pulver and I. We get along great. And because we both have the same time in the mission the senior comp responsibilites are just shared between us. But I'm loving it here in Lirquen, I'll send you some more pictures today as well. The church is true, I love the work.
  Well I lied about the pictures. I'm on a silly computer where I can't figure out how to shrink the pictures. But until next time, love you all!

Elder Ryan Mayberry







No comments:

Post a Comment